Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Leadership
The Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Leadership (Ph.D.) has been developed to prepare followers of Christ for active participation across a wide range of professions including business, ministry, government, and education. The degree can be completed 100% online or in combination with on-campus classes.
Working individuals will be prepared in this program to identify and understand the opportunities and complexities of leading with the purpose of creating transformative organizations and communities from a Christian perspective. Emphasizing the role of followers within the leadership process brings a unique perspective to the program. Students will be prepared to lead with a focus on the following:
- Leadership philosophy and practice
- Analyzing organizational change and culture
- Team performance and engagement
- Human Services
- Coaching and Teaching
- Conducting field/social research
- Accredited with SACSCOC, TRACS, and ABHE
- 48-hour doctoral degree program
- 97% of graduates reported that a Luther Rice education improved the quality of their ministry experience
- The degree can be completed 100% online
- 2 core courses require one-week-long modules (attend online via Zoom or on-campus)
- Tuition is $615 per credit hour
Program Introduction Video
- Executive Leadership
- Organizational Strategist
- Social Science Researcher
- For-Profit and Non-Profit Leadership
Additional Admission Requirements
- Ph.D. applicants must possess a Master's degree, of at least 30 credit hours, from an institution with accreditation recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or the U.S. Department of Education. Unaccredited graduate degrees may be considered but will be evaluated according to the criteria outlined in the Luther Rice catalog.
- The minimum cumulative GPA in approved graduate-level work is a 3.0 (on 4.0 scale).
- Submission of a five-page research paper adhering to the Graduate Committee guidelines (available from the Admissions Office).
- All other general admissions requirements.
Contact the Enrollment Team for more details on these requirements at 770-484-1204 ext. 5758 or Admissions@LutherRice.edu.