VA Chapter 30
|Department of Veterans Affairs
Atlanta Regional Office
1700 Clairmont Road
Decatur, GA 30033
|Georgia Department of Veterans Services
"Serving Georgia's Veterans"
|Luther Rice College & Seminary VA Benefits Certifying Official
Mr. Gary Cook
Phone: 770-484-1204 x5273
Checklist For Getting Military Educational Benefits
- File appropriate form with the VA
Please print a copy of your application and submit it to the Luther Rice Certifying Official
- Submit a copy of "Certificate of Eligibility" to the Luther Rice Certifying Official
This is the document that the VA mails to you after processing your application for benefits
- Submit a copy of DD-214 to the Luther Rice Certifying Official
- Register for courses
- Courses must be required for program of study
- Cannot retake courses that have been successfully completed
Enrollment Certification for Military Education Benefits
Chapter 30 VA students must self-certify their enrollment status at the end of every month in order to receive payment from the VA. Enrollment can be verified on the last calendar day of the month or thereafter.
- Online Certification: W.A.V.E (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment)
- Certification by Phone: 1-877-823-2378 - toll free Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
In addition to self-certification, the Luther Rice Certifying Official will submit enrollment statuses for certification each semester. The Luther Rice Certifying Official will submit enrollment statuses prior to the beginning of each semester (after student's first semester of attendance) if student has pre-registered for courses. The Luther Rice Certifying Official will also submit course changes made by the student to the VA.